Build the RoG micro-cruiser yourself, with this plan set. No lofting required, every single piece is ready to trace from our full-size templates. More than 100ft [30m] of printouts!
The specs of this boat are HERE
This plan set includes:
- 13X ARCH-D 24″x36″ [609x914mm] Drawings (paper)
- 4X ARCH-D 24″x36″ [609x914mm] Full-Size Templates (paper)
- 4X 24″x72″ [609x1800mm] Full-Size Templates (paper)
- 2X 24″x192″ [609x4877mm] Full-Size Templates (Matte Film)
To complete this boat you will also need
- 15 4’x8′ sheets of 6mm marine grade plywood
- 2 4’x8′ sheets of 3/4″[18mm] construction plywood for cradle and temp frames
- 2×4 12′ construction white wood (3x) for the cradle
- 8 gallons of mixed epoxy
- Wood flour, silica and microballoons
- 50yd-roll 6ozX3″ FRP cloth-tape (1x)
- 50yd-roll 6ozX2″ FRP cloth-tape (3x)
- 12yd 6ozX60″ FRP cloth
- 8yd 1208 DB woven-roving
- Whale pump, diverter valves and various plumbing fro water ballasts
- Acrylic for the windows
- UHMWPE 1.5″x7″x7″ for mast steps and collars
- Western Red Cedar for centerboard blank, rudder blank and various pieces and gluing sticks
- 50lb lead for the keel
- plastic tie-wraps, 3/16″ and 1/8″
- Spars, sails and rigging
This list is not complete or precise. Quantity used will vary according to builder’s skills and habits. Contact us for more details
Materials and BOM
Here’s a more exhaustive list.
We strongly recommend the carbon spars, but the sails do not have to be full-battens, nor do they absolutely need 2 reef points so there can be some savings there. The BOM as beow is comprehensive, with lines led aft, all the way to the hiking sticks. Beware comparing this to your barebones-run-of-the-mill equipment list on most new boats.
Download it here, current as of 3/26/2017: RoG BOM 170325
The RoG is designed with carbon spars, but can be easily adapted to aluminum spars, as well as un-ballasted centerboard and/or without water-ballasts.
Contact us for more details
**This plan set is printed to order, therefore please allow us 2-4 weeks from the time of order to shipping date, especially for the first few (as of 03/17) . Prices and Plan Set content can change without notice. Note that shipping charge at checkout is estimated (on the high-side) and will be held on your credit-card, but we will only charge actual shipping +US$10 for S&H. Contact us for a precise shipping quote before ordering. Shipping fees are out of our control, it is therefore understood that shipping price could potentially be higher than the amount held on credit card. In this case, we will contact you to validate before applying any charge to your CC.
|Dimensions||24 x 5 x 5 in|
$99.00 Add to cart $74.99–$84.99 Select options $3.99 Add to cart $59.99–$159.00 Select options